GilleysMuseum.com strongly believes that Las Vegas, Nevada has become the most important city in the world when it comes to country related entertainment, and that it is in DESPERATE need of a country bar/attraction to serve that market. A country bar like “Urban Cowboy Experience™”!
1. Las Vegas is the home of NFR (National Finals Rodeo), the most important rodeo event in the world. (July 2015 Update: The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority announced a 10 year extension of the contract between Las Vegas and the NFR, including a substantial investment to improve the event facilities and related offerings.)
Is it popular? Here are the newest stats for NFR 2014 from 8NewsNow.com:
Posted: Dec 14, 2014 7:07 PM PST
“LAS VEGAS — The Wrangler National Finals Rodeo, the richest and most prestigious rodeo in the world, attracted its largest crowds to date. During the ten performances at the Thomas & Mack Center from Dec. 4 – 13, total attendance reached 177,565, eclipsing the previous mark of 176,558 set in 2013. In addition, the Cowboy Christmas Gift Show and Cowboy FanFest also brought record crowds to the Las Vegas Convention Center over the ten days. Total attendance reached 200,179, surpassing the previous record attendance of 196,856 set in 2013. NFR also sold out for 280 consecutive performances.”
2. Las Vegas is the home of PBR (Professional Bull Riders), the most important bull riding event in the world.
3. Las Vegas is the home of world famous televised music award shows such as C.M.A., the Country Music Awards.
4. Las Vegas is the home of the best, longest running country music concert/shows (Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, Shania Twain, etc.) in the world.
5. Las Vegas hosts all of the biggest country music stars in concert drawing fans from all over the world.
6. Las Vegas is the host of Cowboy Christmas, the world’s largest country/western retail shopping event.
7. Las Vegas is a country town, with 2 full time country music radio stations and many thousands of local, loyal country music and dancing fans.
8. The tourists who come to Las Vegas for all of these great events are universally known to be big spenders. They have money and they come here to be entertained, but are left sadly wanting for nighttime fun when the above events end for the day. This is why hotels such as Gold Coast, Mandalay Bay, Hard Rock, etc. are virtually FORCED to create and operate temporary country bars during the major events in order to serve this unmet demand!
9. Since 2007 when Gilley’s at the Frontier Hotel closed, Las Vegas has not had even ONE country bar where all these fans can enjoy an evening of good food, music, country atmosphere, and dancing.
10. Part of the GilleysMuseum.com collection is a world-class assemblage of memorabilia from the beloved Gilley’s club that was in the Frontier Hotel. For 8 1/2 years country fans from all over the world flocked to this club every time they came to Las Vegas. We even have the world’s largest collection of very rare Frontier Gilley’s casino chips and silver strikes, something certain to attract and blow the minds of every collector who comes to Las Vegas for the chip and strike conventions.
11. Visitor stats for Las Vegas are trending towards more spending on entertainment and less on gambling. This means that resorts need to stay focused on providing the nightlife experience demanded by every niche of visitor if they want to keep them spending and coming back for more. In addition, the American Cowboy & Western way of life has a mystique and allure to foreign travelers that makes this attraction a natural magnet for vacationers looking for the quintessential American experience.
Las Vegas is the most under-served market for a real country music and dance experience in the world, with potential profits commensurate with the opportunity. “Urban Cowboy Experience™” and GilleysMuseum.com are UNIQUELY positioned to fill that void.